A. Course Description
Theoretical input aims to help students understand
- Fundamental elements in Ignatian spirituality that can be applied in spiritual direction and discernment in the pastoral context of Vietnam.
- Difficulties and challenges that a spiritual director may face
- Suggestions of possible solutions taken from psychological and theological perspectives
Practice aims at three goals:
- Providing and practicing some necessary standards concerning a trained spiritual director
- Analyzing and handling some paradigm cases
- Analyzing and handling some actual/real cases of the participants (students)
- The Spiritual Exercises of St. Ignatius. A translation and Commentary by George E. Ganss, S.J. Institute of Jesuit Sources, St. Louis, 1992. ISBN 0-912422-86-6 (Students may use a Vietnamese translation).
- Autobiography of St Ignatius (e-book in English is available).
- Power Points from the Instructor.
- Materials to be distributed in the class.
Not yet been specified