A. Course Description
The course firstly deals with the essential elements of Book IV of the Code of Canon Law in reference to the sacraments. Special attention is given to the sacrament of Matrimony, its canonical implications and the need for pastoral care and preparation for marriage. Then it concentrates on Part III of Book II with regard to various religious communities. Specific cases of a cannonical nature involving individual members of these institutes will be analyzed and discussed in depth.
- Pontificia Commissio Codici Iuris Canonici Authentice Interpretando, Codex Iuris Canonici – Fontium Annotatione Et Indice Analytico-Alphabetico Auctus, Città del Vaticano: Libreria Editrice Vaticana, 1989.
- Acta Apostolica Sedis. Vatican City: Polyglottis Vaticanis. [A monthly official publication of the Acts of the Pope.]
- L’Osservatore Romano [A weekly newspaper of the Vatican where some Acts of the Pope are published.]
- Coriden, James A., Thomas J. Green, and Donald E. Heintsche, Eds. The Code of Canon Law: A Text and Commentary. New York: Paulist Press, 1985. [American Commentary]
- Beal, John P., James A. Coriden, Thomas J. Green, Eds. New Commentary on the Code of Canon Law. New York: Paulist Press, 2000. [Revised American Commentary]
- Sheehy, Gerard et al., The Canon Law – Letter & Spirit (A Practical Guide to the Code of Canon law). London: Geoffrey Chapman, 1995. [British Commentary]
- Caparros, E., M. Thériault, and J. Thorn, eds. Code of Canon Law Annotated. Montreal: Wilson and Lafleur Limitée, 1993. [Opus Dei Commentary]
- Caparros, E. and M. Aubé, eds. Code of Canon Law Annotated. Montreal: Wilson and Lafleur Limitée, 2004. [Revised Opus Dei Commentary]
- Huels, John M. The Pastoral Companion: A Canon Law Handbook for Catholic Ministry. Second Edition, Chicago: Franciscan Press, 1995. [O.S.M. – Servite]
- Huels, John M. The Pastoral Companion: A Canon Law Handbook for Catholic Ministry. Third Edition, Quincy University: Franciscan Press, 2002. [O.S.M. – Servite]
- Martin de Agar, Joseph T. A Handbook on Canon Law. Montreal: Wilson & Lafleur, 1999. [Opus Dei]
- Phan Tấn Thành, Giải Thích Giáo Luật (Interpretation of Canon Law)
- Dacanay Adolfo N. , Canon Law on Marriage: Introductory Notes and Comments. QC: Loyola School of Theology, 2003.
- Akpoghiran Peter O., The Catholic Formulary: In Accordance with the Code of Canon Law. Vol II: Consecrated Life Acts. New Orleans, Louisiana: Guadalupe Book Publishers, 2014.
- Burke Cormac, The Theology of Marriage: Personalism, Doctrine and Canon Law. Washington DC: CUA Press, 2015.
C. Course Evaluation
Not yet been specified